Getting stitches(gezz what were you thinking) :)
I got my first stitches last week, and it wasn't even doing something fun. I have had this let's call them "things" on my leg for about oh 9-11 months. They are ugly enough that when I tried to wear shorter skirts or Capri's I felt I got strange looks. Any way after a few times trying to find them on the web, and ruling out lots a different things Jedd and I decided that I should probably go into see a dermatologist. I made the appointment and went in, so the nurse asked me why I am there to see the Dr, I pointed my leg, and she backed up and made a "those are really ugly and gross" face. she took notes and went to get the Dr. So then the Dr and his medical student guy come in, he puts on his plastic gloves starts looking at them with lots of hums and ha's, and then has the medical student go get the medical dictionary book thing. They thought that it was either 2 things, but because they have no idea what they really are they had to do a biopsy of 2 of them. The nurse numbed the 2 biggest spots, and then the Dr comes back in, and they start to cut. Well he started on the one she numbed last so I felt the knife go in and the skin come out, and then he moved on to the other one. So then they start talking about putting the stitches in, so I asked them why? they are the tinniest little (but still hurt) areas they cut out, but because I am diabetic they didn't want to take chances. I should know by Thursday what they are.
So that is the story of me and my first stitches.
So speaking of plastic gloves, I find it really funny that people think that wearing plastic gloves makes it ok to not change them, or then wash there hands. The way I look at it is that they are just like your hands and that if you are fixing one type of food and then switch to doing something else you should wash your hands and change the gloves. But that is just the way I look at plastic gloves.
And that is all for this post :)
2 comments:
I totally agree about the gloves thing...
Sorry you had to get stitches. Hopefully they'll figure out what they are! :)
LOVES!
IT's cool to have stitches you know...I hope the result to those "gross things" on your legs is benign...be sure to update about it! Miss you...
Post a Comment