TUESDAY-
I had a ultrasound appointment to check that Baby is growing nicely, this is the first appointment that I have went to by myself, it was like the 5 ultra sound so I figured I could do it on my own...
So I get to the Dr. office after coming from registering for the baby (took forever) they get me to the ultra sound room, I pee in the cup, they take my blood pressure which was a little high, and she starts the ultra sound. During which time I mention that my left leg seems to be a little more then my right. So the Ultra sound tech hurries through the ultrasound and says "I'll be right back". I don't think anything is going different, so Mr. Dr man comes in (who is not my normal Dr. nor was he even a normal Dr. for the clinic he was just feeling in) and tells me I have a high amount of protein in my urine plus the high blood pressure, and he thinks I may have a blood clot in my leg.. all this in one breath. He then tells me to go down to labor and delivery and they will admit me, and that was that he sent me on my way.
Can you say PANIC!!!!!!!
let's remember I am by myself, I panic easily and did I mention I'm by myself with a husband and mom over a hour a way!
So I get down to labor and delivery, and they hurry me into a room, have my strip and hook me up to all these machines, get an IV in me, And I still don't' know what is going on. I call Jedd and all I remember is the Dr saying we think you have a blood clot, so I tell him this and then the nurse walked in so I had to hang up. He in the mean time, calls his mom, tells my dad who calls my Sister in law who lives down here, who in turn rushes over.
Finally the nurse who was checking me in explained to me what was going on. Because of the diabetes, I have a high risk of pre-eclampsia, and the combination of high blood pressure (which had never been present before) and protein in my urine meant I probably had it. So the another Dr. comes in and tells me they think I have pre-eclampsia which means they may have to delivery baby soon, so they have to do a steroid shoot, which completely messes with your blood. So they have to admit me and keep me until the steroid shoot is out of my system. Once again let me mention, I was still ALONE.
Luckily right after this my wonderful, sister-in-law got here. oh and I hadn't called anyone back yet so no one else knew what was going on.
They got me into a room, started a 24 hour urine collection, and gave me the shot. the Dr., came back and explained at that time (my blood pressure had come down some) that they though I had either Severe pre-eclampsia, or gestational hyper tension, it would all be determined by the pee test. If it was the pre-eclampsia they would be delivering Baby by 32-34 weeks and I would not be allowed to leave the hospital, if it was hypertension I could go home and they will start me at 37 Weeks. So it was a waiting game.... I finally got to call Jedd who got here later and so very kindly slept on the couch, can I say how much I love my Husband! It was a not fun night, they were checking on me about every 45 min, and someone decided that 2 am was a perfect time to clean the floors out side the room we were in.
WEDNESDAY
spent the whole stupid day in a bed hooked to all different machines and waiting for the test results on my pee. My blood pressure had come down enough that they were now going between pre-eclampsia (mild) or hypertension.... but in the meantime the steroid shoot had done a number on my blood, and they couldn't get me in range they liked. FINIAL LY at about 6 they got the results of my pee test and it came back normal.
The Dr. came in and said it was hypertension, but they still had to keep me one more day until the steroid would be out of my system.
THURSDAY
So I am sitting in a hospital bed, still hooked up to a bunch of machines, waiting to go home sometime today, I am so so so so happy it is just hypertension, I will have to watch myself, but I get to go home and baby gets to stay in till 37 weeks.
I should be able to go home before 5 today.
I am so glad that everything is ok, but man this has sucked!
2 comments:
OMGoodness girl! I'm SO glad its just hypertension. Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes better! Talk to you soon...
WOMAN! I never (and by never, I mean freaking NEVER) check blogs any more and for some reason, after like 3 months, I check blogs and see you posted this... SERIOUSLY! How can I help? What can I do?! How the freaking crap are you doing now?! Be good! Take care of yourself and that baby boy and please call me if I can do anything at all! I love you!
Post a Comment