Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why can't they be like we were.....

I had a really funny conversation with one of my brother's yesterday. He was complaining about how the kids in his neighborhood play this game. It goes something like this you all met you at somewhere (call it point A) and you have " runners" and "chasers" the runners are on foot and the chasers are in cars. You pick a second point (point B) the whole game is that the runners are trying to get from point A to point B without the chasers seeing them. Well the kids in his neighborhood play it every weekend, so he is telling me how stupid this game is and how loud and rude these kids are for playing it. Then he asked me if I had ever heard of it... well we called it George Washington, or Commando(depending on where I was) and I used to play it all the time. We would play it in high school, and go from our high school to a Macy's that was like 2 miles away. We played in Heber going from smiths to the Heber Park.

So here is my questions what happens to us in "adulthood" that makes us so upset about what kids do, when we all did the same things? I know that if they would have played that game when my brothers we young that they all would have loved it. But being an "adult" now I understand why it is so annoying to have kids running around and having cars chase them all night. But boy was it a fun game!

I was in bed last night and thought about this, I think I am somewhere between, I am not (in my eyes) a real adult yet, that won't happen till we have kids. But I am not a teenager (or even close) anymore... So where does that leave me.. Laughing at my brother and just making him more mad about this game because I pointed out that he would have loved it and been right in the middle of it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.... Never heard of it. Sounds dangerous.

I played 'kick the can' and other lame games like that, but never people in cars chasing people running...